It is good to see that you want to volunteer and use some of your time and capacity for other people in need. We are a movement of teachers and development instructors running a number of development programs all over the world – in cooperation with Humana People to People and One World University. One of the programs is:
THE DEVELOPMENT INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM / 24 month programme:
Gain a B-Certificate in Pedagogy and an A-Certificate in Fighting with The Poor
We are looking for people to start in February 2013 at DRH Holsted “The Travelling Folk High school” – offering a program with
- 12 months of intensive social work with marginalized youngsters combined with studies as long distance university students at One World University
- 8 months service module working at a Humana People to People project in Mozambique or Malawi
- 4 months evaluation, exam and camp future period back at the school center in Denmark incl. presentation tour and PR work in Europe
Please read on the website http://one-world-volunteer.net - if you want more details about the program and the economy. You can send your application to me from the website. Apply from top right corner.
In short: you pay an enrollment fee of 6000 DKK (800 €) and you get a job as a volunteer working with difficult youngsters, getting food, accommodation and pocket money from your volunteer salary plus school fees and some Africa Savings. The rest you fundraise with your team mates before going to Africa.
- Flexible – you can work long hours, weekends, evenings and night watches
- Hard working – you are ready to study, work, fundraise and keep house with 4-6 other volunteers
- You have 12 years of school
- EU passport
- Motivation for development work – meaning developing your world & developing yourself
- You are ready for change
The purpose is to train Development Instructors to be active and competent creators and instructors in Development both for children with special needs in Denmark, and at their projects in Africa.
Theoretical studies during the first year in Denmark are divided into three different periods:
1. Denmark Period
2. Raising Awareness
3. Africa - Project Skills
Practical studies and work: The practical studies and work are carried out at the school of accommodation and consist of various tasks such as: teaching, social work, maintenance and promotion work, but also cleaning and dishwashing. Basically the Development Instructor (DI)will be taking part of running the school in all of its aspects together with the staff at the school. The DIs will also take part in organising cultural-, musical- and sportive events, working with maintenance at a building weekends and put up a theatre plays.
In Africa: In the 8-month period as a Development Instructor at a Humana project in Angola, Mozambique or Malawi, the DI will have the possibility to work with people in some of the poorest parts of the world. You will - in a group of three DIs - choose a specific project and will specialize your preparation towards this during the last six months of your stay in Denmark. In Africa you work in your "Trio" closely together with the project leader and is expected to take your part of the responsibility for a successful running of the project.