Software architect is responsible for leading complex architectural design projects involving new feature developments inside IMS, integrations with different products inside Playtech and partners externally.
IMS is the central platform for all shared services of different Playtech products: authentication, player management, financial transaction processing, promotions, loyalty, chat, etc.
IMS architects are each responsible for specific shared services technical roadmaps inside IMS and they also participate in projects involving many services in combination when providing a full solution to a certain intergation project.
IMS architects work closely together with IMS product managers, business analysts and software analysts, intergation managers, solution architects, business- and development project managers and of course also the whole development team.
Architects may also be involved in direct consultations of large and complex customer projects with technical and business people from customer side. Architects role is to explain to business people and technical people from outside IMS the technical capabilities of IMS and be able to suggest and negotiate the most optimal solutions for different business problems. When doing the design for new developments, the architect must be able to explain the solution and also the business reasons to developers.
Architects main role in development is to define the high level design, but if needed the architect has to be able to also review the low level solution in code, define and verify solutions for meeting the non-functional requirements like security, reliability, hardware requirements and usage of third party technologies.
• Ensures that development team is building a product which is highly maintainable, scalable, fault tolerant and performant.
• Provide high level guidance and mentoring to the development teams to ensure consistency of technologies used.
• Mentors engineering staff to help develop their technical expertise and leadership competencies.
• Reviews and assesses impact of proposed scope changes to the future state architecture.
• Sets high-level design and technical standards, including coding standards, tools, platforms and frameworks.
• Strong knowledge of object oriented development practices with an emphasis in the Java technology stack.
• 3+ years of related experience and/or training (industry certifications strongly preferred).
• Expertise in software design patterns, N-tier application architecture, Relational and NoSQL Databases.
• Experience in system and platform integration, API and SDK design.
• Experience in evaluation, testing and selection of 3rd-party solutions and technologies - advantage.
• Previous experience in leading software development projects within an Agile software development environment independently or as a part of team.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and representation skills.
• Very good English (spoken and written).
• Personal development and realization
• Rewarding work in the internationally recognized enterprise
• Motivating work environment
• Motivating colleagues