Playtech Information Management Solution (IMS) department is looking for a QA engineer. IMS is the flagship product and the main competitive advantage of Playtech as it provides a central platform for player, wallet and session management.
How your days will look like
• Your main focus will be on taking part of our everyday QA processes, which include test planning, functional testing, test automation, troubleshooting and support activities.
• You will be taking part in numerous new and exciting projects where you will need to learn quickly what is expected of the new software and understand how it connects to the existing system. You will be figuring out how to test it in the most efficient manner without compromising on quality. To achieve this, you will be communicating daily with different internal stakeholders like analysts, developers, architects and project managers.
• You will be functionally testing the newest working builds of the new software from top to bottom. You will thoroughly test the user interfaces and the complex new features; you will use our in-house testing tools to directly manipulate our API methods and track their lifecycle; you will be digging deep to see what is going on inside the bellies of our servers and monitoring data consistency in our database; you will be using one of our several testing environments and playing around with different possible software configurations.
• Our software is extensive and multifaceted and will occasionally require some routine work to keep the engine running. We want to avoid all routine at any cost and have implemented several methods to eliminate most of it. For this purpose, you will be automating your tests in order to allow yourself to work more on fresh and challenging projects.
• Your job as a QA Engineer requires you to achieve a very good understanding of our system –a better one than many other people in the building. You will be supporting them with your knowledge and you will be helping them troubleshoot their issues with the software and go on challenging bug hunts to find flaws in the product.
Skill set that will help you to contribute to our success
•Good knowledge of software testing methodologies and procedures and a fair understanding of software development lifecycle. Previous professional experience is beneficial, but not required.
• Technical savviness, ability to learn quickly and willingness to continuously improve yourself.
• Basic knowledge of at least one programming language like Java, PHP, C# or similar.
• Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
• Higher education in the field of IT is beneficial (may still be obtained).
• Good attention to details, sense of curiosity, willingness to take responsibility and show initiative and good communication skills are your most valuable personal tools in order to succeed here.
• Ability to work both individually, independently and in teams.
• Excellent command of English and Estonian languages, both spoken and written.
How we say thank you for your work
• Free massage, rooms for relaxing and having fun in the office
• Interesting team events and professional trainings
• Special discounts provided by our partners in Estonia
• Fun competitions and modern atmosphere
Why Playtech is the best place to work at
• It is a leading international company and such multi-cultural experience is hard to find anywhere else in Tartu.
• You will be amazed to find so many smart and gifted people working here and you will have a chance to learn from them.
• There are no limits within the infrastructure itself, we are using top technology in the World.
• We value loyal employees and hard work is awarded with great career opportunities.
Want to know what your manager is saying?
IMS QA Manager Raul: "The work you do in quality assurance is both fun and challenging. We have a world class software product which we are improving upon every day of the week. You will be taking on a new and interesting project almost each individual month and you will solve new problems every week. All this, while communicating and working with very cool and intelligent people. It never gets old! If you are interested in the field of software development and you are unsure of your previous experience or whether you can succeed in this field then fear not. We do not expect you to come in and know everything. Instead, we value your willingness and ability to learn, communicate and show initiative. Submit your application, come talk with us, show us this mindset and we will help you with everything else!"
All interested candidates are requested to send their CV and motivation letter!