Skeleton Technologies, Europe’s leading manufacturer of high-performance ultracapacitors, is seeking an experienced
PRODUCT OPTIMIZATION ENGINEER
to transform our prototype products into mature products ready for cost-effective series manufacturing.
How will you achieve this?
- You shall work with engineers in Development teams during product development phase to ensure that products do not exceed set cost targets for first version products.
- You shall optimize functional first version products from Development, by finding solutions that result in better design and lower costs for series manufacturing, while taking into account that endproduct must meet customer needs and Development defined functionality, safety and other relevant requirements.
- You shall develop and valuate manufacturing processes to ensure that the most cost-effective methods are used both on-site and at outsourcing partners by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- You shall improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning flow of assembly, working out improvement ideas to optimize work-stations and tooling; carrying out and finalizing planned changes in real life, on the shop floor.
- You shall provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
If you recognize yourself in the description below, don’t hesitate to contact us!
- You have university degree (in mechanical or production engineering, product development etc) and 3 years of relevant working experience in industry.
- You have participated in product development and successfully handled product or process optimization projects.
- You have knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and quality as well as project management skills and commercial / business awareness.
- You are analytical with focus on finding solutions not talking forever about problems.
- You practice methodical approach with good attention to detail in your work.
- You are a proficient user of CAD (Solidworks) programs.
- You have good written and oral communication skills in English (and preferably in Estonian).
This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in product and process development and contribute directly to the success of the company.
16. juuni 2016
17. mai 2016