With 3bn EUR raised in funding in 2015 and over 3000 startups existing, Berlin is by far the biggest startup hub in Europe. Berlin attracts smartest developers from the whole world by offering tremendous job opportunities and highest standards of living. Don't miss once in the lifetime opportunity to join the startup scene.
About the company
Move24’s vision is to build the world's leading moving company and to deliver high quality products towards customer and local moving partners. In order to balance supply and demand as well as ensuring service quality Movago will create technology-enabled operations to revolutionize the moving jobs industry. From Berlin's headquarter Movago operates into different European markets such as Germany, UK, Italy and France and aims to become both the fastest growing moving jobs platform and a strong and trustful brand.
About the job
We are currently looking for Senior- and Mid-level PHP Developers to join our highly professional IT team and to help us successfully build a technically driven business from scratch. In this position you will develop complex and highly scalable business applications, establish architecture and frameworks for future paltform development and contribute ideas to product development.
• Design and development of unique and complex web applications and web services using cutting edge technologies
• Ensuring code quality and improving development processes
• Continuous improvement of our platform in terms of availability, scalability, performance and usability
• Cross functional cooperation with other departments like Product Management, Operations and Marketing
The assets you bring to the team
• You have a university degree in Computer Science or an equivalent professional education and you have several years of relevant work experience
• You are a skilled developer with experience in programming with PHP, adhering to best practices.
• You are obsessions are clean code and object-oriented design
• You have experience working with RDBMS (PostgreSQL is plus), write efficient and complex queries, and utilize powerful ORMs such as Doctrine. • Knwoledge of Redis and RabbitMQ are also big benefits.
Additionally, you are familiar with at least one PHP application frameworks such as Zend2, Symfony2 or Laravel
• You have broad knowledge of the latest tools (git, composer, Vagrant, Jenkins, PHPStorm, XDebug) and agile methodologies in software development (Scrum and Kanban)
• You are interested and have hands-on experience in building scalable, high performance and reliable web services
• You are a team player, you get motivated by challenging projects and you are not afraid of responsibility
• You are fluent in English
• You are given an opportunity to fully materialize your potential by building a completely new software system from scratch applying latest technologies and best practices
• You will work in an vibrant, highly skilled and international team with flat hierarchies
• We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects
• Free drinks, fruits, cereals, team events
• Help with relocation to Berlin - European capital of tech startups