They are searching for Java Developers who consider themselves to be innovators and team players, keen to work with others to deliver world-leading software.
The successful candidates for these Java Developer roles will receive a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a relocation package for those moving from outside the UK.
Our client fully embraces new technology and support their teams by their commitment to learning and development. They use agile and continuous delivery techniques to deliver their projects, and provide opportunities for pairing with other experienced developers to ensure that they are always evolving their ways of working.
If this description appeals to you and you can deliver skills to match, our client would be very keen to hear from you.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Significant Java development within a commercial environment
• Practical experience as a lead developer or responsibility for architecture and development
• Solid knowledge of OO and design principles
• Developing software components using one or more of Spring, EJB 3 and Messaging
• Test Driven Development using JUnit
• Mocking frameworks (e.g. Mockito)
• Database development using SQL with JDBC
Desirable Skills and experience. Exposure to any or all of the following would be a definite advantage:
• Insurance knowledge
• Agile process e.g. Scrum, XP, Atern and/or working on full development life cycle projects
• Continuous Integration/Delivery using Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Git and Gerrit
• Web Development using Wicket Web Framework, HTML and JQuery
• Web Services using JAX-WS, XML, JAXB, WSDL, XSLT and XPATH
• Exposure to Oracle Databases and/or Hibernate
• WebLogic, Tomcat
• Eclipse IDE
• Performance Tuning: Java and/or Oracle SQL
• Degree, HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject preferred, or comparable experience
• Relevant specialist programming skills and knowledge gained in a commercial environment
We can only accept applications from candidates who are entitled to live and work in the UK.
All applications should be sent in English, as the role is based in the UK, this will be an indication of your proficiency in written English.
Please Note: Due to the nature of our business all successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records and Credit Reference checks.