The Field Service Technician works within the Technical Services team and is responsible for providing the technical support skills to our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day to day basis, they are focused on installing and supporting network devices, PCs and Servers for our customers. Additional duties include remote and onsite troubleshooting, facilitating customer adds, moves & changes, customer rollouts and other project based installs. There will also be an On Call requirement of not more than 1 week in 4. This will be an excellent opportunity to develop additional Networking and Server technical skills as additional training will be provided.
• Pre-sales support
Requirement analysis, solution specification and design
Writing scope and quote documents
Assist with technical tender responses
Pre-staging of router and switch installations according to documentation
Installation and support of varied desktop and server estate
Installation of network equipment at varied customer locations UK wide
Project based site survey and documentation
Project based end to end solution and design.
• Post-Sales support
Assist with customer add, move and change requirements
On-site support of customer faults
Site visits to assess and swap non-functional equipment
• Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
Cisco, Draytek, Zyxel, Netgear routers
Cisco, 3Com and HP switches
1st/ 2nd line PC hardware and Microsoft desktop and server support
• Desired Certifications
Cisco CCNA and or CCNA security.
CompTIA A+, Network +
Fundamental to this role:
• Extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken/ written English.
• Experience providing network and PC/ Server field engineering services to high profile customers
• A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations.
• Applies knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise.
• Full Driving Licence.
• Benefits package;
• Certified training,
• Very good rate of pay.