Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a Global Top 10 Localization Provider. We’ve built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies.
Alpha is a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over thirty nationalities represented in its eighteen offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than work. We have activities ranging from summer paint-ball to cookery contests; book exchange to film watching, taking place across all our thirteen countries.
We are looking for a qualified linguist experienced in translating creative (games) & technical & IT material from English into Russian who can keep up with the fast-pace of technology and client demands. People who are passionate about games and gaming. People who take pride in their own work, but also appreciate a collaborative approach, and will occasionally go that extra mile to keep a client happy, or a colleague smiling. People who can competently handle a variety of linguistic tasks: translating, reviewing, post-editing, updating glossaries, creating style guides, coming up with slogans and with texts that work in the target culture.
Successful applicants will be involved with product descriptions, training materials, website content, marketing copy, user interfaces and operating instructions. If you have creative or copywriting talent – even better!
You’ll be using CAT tools on a daily basis, and you won’t have time to get bored. You’re bound to love the international atmosphere, comradeship and great cultural experiences of your work environment.
- Translating games related content (mobile/social/in-game/customer support)
- Translating and reviewing product specifications
- Translating technical files, website content or IT material
- Other language related tasks, such as terminology research, glossary creation and maintenance
- Russian speaker of native level with a high level of language awareness, and good writing style, excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Passionate about games
- Degree in Translation, Modern languages, Publishing, Journalism or similar
- Experience translating video games content
- A high level of proficiency in English
- Great communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented approach
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Professional approach and commitment to quality
- Ability to conform to glossaries and style guides and to make good use of tools
- Familiarity with at least one translation memory tool
- Good team worker, but also able to work autonomously
- Working with multilingual and multicultural colleagues around the world
- Trips to head office in Cambridge, UK
- Gaining experience in localization industry