The Program starts every 6 months, the next team starts at the 1st of February 2012 The program is 24 months long and target people from all over the world without any religious, race and age distinction.
- 12 months in Denmark at one of our three school centers
- 8 months in southern Africa at one of Humana’s projects
- 4 months Camp Future : raising awareness about Africa In Denmark: The main purposes of the 12 months program is to train Development Instructors to be active and competent creators and instructors in Development both for children with special needs in Denmark, and at their project in Africa. In Africa: In the 8 months period as a Development Instructor at a Humana project in Angola, Mozambique, Malawi, the DI will have the possibility to work with people in the poorest part of the world. You will choose a specific project and will specialize your preparation towards this during the last six months of your stay in Denmark. In Africa you work closely together with the project leader and is expected to take your part of the responsibility for a successful running of the project.
- You are open-minded
- flexible and motivated to do something good for others. You are interested in helping children and young people with special needs and from various backgrounds. You have an eager to learn and gain experiences in new and unfamiliar work situations.
- you are a hardworking person who preferable holds a driving license and has experience from practical work
- e.g. gardening
- craft- or trade-work. One of our schools also has horses
- which always need a kind care. There are no specific academic requirements
- but your profile is expected to match the requirements of the school. You also need to be able to communicate in English since this is the working language in the program.
The practical studies and work are carried out at the school of accommodation and consist of various tasks such as: teaching, social work, maintenance and office work, but also cleaning and dishwashing. Basically the DI will be taking part of running the school in all of its aspects together with the staff at the school. The DIs will also take part in organising cultural-, music- and sport events, working with maintenance at a building weekend and put up a theatre play.
The Development Instructor (DI) program is a unique chance to study and work with a group of people from all over the world. You will get the chance to
travel and learn about different cultures and to help those who are less fortunate. In Denmark you will help children and youngsters with special needs and
who have had a difficult start in their lives, and in southern Africa you will be able to contribute to the development of different
sectors:education,poverty,health,care,environment, income generating activities etc.