We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to interact with both the software engineering team and business teams to develop tools to provide trending reports and operational tools to optimize business decisions using a wide range of technologies primarily from internal data of over 5 billion transactions a month.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and develop reports using Business Intelligence tools (Pentaho) to provide useful and actionable presentation of data for operational needs across the company
• Develop engineering specification for internal ETL tools.
• Optimization of Query Processing and Database Architectures.
• Identify and develop improvements to the data analytics and reporting tools
• Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
• Attention to details and data accuracy
• A desire to stay on top of the latest BI tools and underlying technologies (like Cassandra, Hadoop etc.)
• Good programming and debugging skills in at least one high level programming language.
• Strong understanding of relational database concepts, SQL and related procedures.
• Knowledge of Hadoop, Map & reduce is a plus
• Understanding of statistical methods and data analysis
• Must be a great team player and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able and willing to work under deadline pressure
Competitive pay and benefits, Excellent work environment, Career Opportunities, Great team