Are you meticulous about good grammar and accurate spelling? Do you have a precise understanding of your native language and a high level of English? Do you enjoy working in a multinational environment?
If you can answer yes to these questions, this entry-level position as a linguistic tester at a world-leading localization services provider could be the perfect opportunity. It’s a chance to kick-start your career in a fast-moving professional environment and develop a wide range of in-demand skills.
Working as part of a large international team, you’ll be able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity while remaining focused on different projects simultaneously. You’ll have excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly and precisely in English. This is a role in which you’ll demonstrate strong client-facing skills and have the opportunity to develop professionally at a rapid rate.
You’ll have a keen eye for linguistic detail in your native language and a keen ability to spot errors, review translations and ensure consistent style for your clients’ target audiences.
Working with on-stage testing and our computer aided translation (CAT) tools, you’ll be IT literate and have a proactive approach to problem-solving. While experience in translation technologies is not essential, you’ll be keen to learn new software skills and apply them professionally.
Take a look through the detailed role specification below. If this sounds like a challenge you would relish, we’d love to hear from you.
- Linguistic testing of software, websites, audio, presentations, etc., from diverse clients
- Linguistic review of texts in your native language in terms of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style.
- Reporting any typos, grammar mistakes, truncation issues and inconsistencies
- Ensuring that the text is compliant with customer glossaries and style guides
- Submitting issues in bug-tracking systems and then verifying the fixes
- Editing of graphics and snapping screenshots for product documentation
- All candidates must pass a linguistic test in their native language prior to interview
- Swedish or Norwegian or Danish speaker of native level with a high level of language awareness
- Very good eye for detail
- Good communicator with excellent reporting skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Confident and comfortable in using IT platforms and devices
- Linguistic experience or training/education required
- Testing experience is an advantage
- Applicants who can demonstrate strong technical knowledge are of particular interest
• Working with multilingual and multicultural colleagues around the world
• Trips to head office in Cambridge, UK
• Gaining experience in localization industry