- Responsibility for the day to day support.
- Unix systems administration.
- Maintenance and upgrade of UNIX Operating systems.
- Additionally there is a requirement to provide day to day support to user queries and customer advice. Due to the nature of the environment, there is often a necessity to carry out scheduled work outside of working hours.
- At least 12 months AIX 4.x or 5.x experience or HP-Unix or Solaris OR 12 months Linux experience.
- Performance Monitoring & analysis.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Problem Determination & analysis skills – high level.
- Documentation Skills – high level, English.
- Written and spoken English (French or other additional foreign language is advantage).
- Network interfaces.
- Backup and Recovery strategies.
- Use of problem and change management tools.
- Good general IT literacy.
- Server installation and server configuration.
- Problem resolution.
- Change implementation.
- HACMP configuration and administration.
- Customer and service orientation, Ability to operate well in an international environment, multicultural environment.
- Reliability, responsiveness and flexibility, Teamwork skills, High motivation, Communication Skills.
- 16/7 or 24/7 shift environment (including nights, weekends and holidays).
- AIX pSeries/SP skills.
- Understanding of HACMP.
- Regatta skills.
- Linux RedHat or SUSE.
- TSM Tivoli Storage Manager.
- TSM Client.
- Tivoli Client.
- French or German would be an advantage.
- Work in a multi-cultural environment with a leading IT company.
- Interesting working conditions and benefits.
- Work for IBM directly or through partnership companies.