Are you the Technology Lead we're looking for?
These are exciting times at MYJAR. Building new platforms and hiring and hiring more than ever, we're attracting more customers by the day with our ethical and responsible approach. We are expanding into new international markets and designing a wider range of products. To that end, we're now looking for a tech lead to join our technology team.
This is a role for a senior developer ready to help lead our development team to deliver world-class products and services, tools, and capabilities. Someone who can bring a unique blend of leadership and management skills applied in a technical context. Someone who will steer the team towards a common technical vision, while writing code at least 30% of the time.
How we'd like you to help us:
- Establish a technical vision with the development team and, in collaboration with Chapter Leads, work with developers to turn it into reality
- Take on traits that other roles may have (such as a team lead, architect or software engineering manager) but remain hands-on with code
- Focus on technical matters that affect more than just one developer
- Step in on heated technical debates, work to resolve technical disputes, and be watchful of technical decisions that have long-term consequences
- Work with stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work
- Write code with the other developers and sometimes call for development huddles to agree on a common direction and information sharing
- Work closely with the CTO and other engineering managers to build an ideal work environment
- Assist the system architect in ensuring the overall application architecture suitably fits the business problem
- Work with the team to establish and validate their understanding of the architecture
- Enact an appropriate amount of standardization to help productivity without killing innovation
- Facilitate effective communication and engagement within the team and between others across the organization
- Lead by example, adhering to and consistently exceeding the standards of professional and ethical behavior expected of the team
- Help the team improve themselves and each other.
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- You have 8-10 years' experience as a senior developer, team lead, architect or in another similar role, preferably in an international environment.
- You have a working knowledge of the Agile software development process.
- Experience working in a managerial position would be an advantage.
- You're decisive and analytical, with excellent leadership skills and a drive to collaborate with others.
- Reliability, correctness, and responsibility are some of your defining qualities.
- You're proactive and eager to take initiative.
- You're well-organized and your attention to detail is immaculate.
- Your communication skills are excellent both in person and in writing.
Compensation and perks
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.