ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd. - www.royalcaribbean.com
Position Title: Tailor
Reports To: Hotel Supply Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
This position is responsible for the safekeeping, issuing, and maintenance of all new and recycled
uniforms. Support the inventory team to fulfill and complete all initiatives related to loading and storing
of inventoried items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste
of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars
of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Responsible for making alterations to uniforms and linens
3. Responsible for fixing and/or making alterations to guests’ garments.
4. Responsible for making or repairing curtains, cushion covers, bedspreads, etc. upon ship’s
5. Responsible for the safekeeping and tracking of all new and recycled uniforms.
6. Responsible for executing inventory counts as per the uniform’s Inventory Cycle Count schedule.
7. Responsible for assisting the Hotel Supply Supervisor in the issuance of uniforms to CFM’s upon
8. Responsible for assisting the Hotel Supply Supervisor in the collection of uniforms from CFM’s
9. Responsible for assisting the Hotel Supply Supervisor on the issuance of salable uniforms to
CFM’s following the Sale of Uniforms schedule.
10. Responsible for the maintenance of the new and recycled uniforms’ storage locations.
11. Assist the Linenkeeper on the issuance and collection of linen.
12. Assist the Hotel Supply Supervisor in the day-to-day operation of all Hotel stores.
13. Assist the inventory team with the loading and storing process of all inventoried items.
14. Assist the inventory team in the storerooms if required.
2 of 3
Tailor-2004 Rev.1-14-05.doc 1/10/2006 2:05 PM
15. Assists the Inventory Manager with assigned duties required by the day-to-day operations of the
16. Comply with all corporate standards and procedures as they relate to the entire Celebrity fleet.
17. Follow ship’s rules and regulations as stipulated in the Employee Handbook and respect all
18. Ranking Officers and fellow staff.
19. Attend and participate in all mandatory lifeboat safety drills on embarkation days and any other
port days as scheduled by the Master.
Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard
employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
PROFESIONAL KNOWLEDGE WITH WORK EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
• Work experience in International Company
• Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company