Purpose of the position:
Manage, maintain and support Sybase database technical services.
The main responsibilities:
• Sybase ASE 12.5 installation, configuration and maintenance;
• Performance tuning & troubleshooting;
• Database backup, restore, consistency checking and repair;
• Plan, evaluate everyday tasks and make recommendations for improvement;
• Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues;
• Proactively manage critical real-time markets trading system in a 24x7 environment;
• Provide technical support to development team;
• Work through Disaster Recovery testing and business continuity planning.
You are the right person for this position if you have:
• Sybase ASE 12.5 DBA with critical real-time 24x7 services experience;
• Strong knowledge of Sybase ASE internals and performance tuning;
• Experience with enterprise sized databases;
• Good working knowledge of real-time markets trading systems;
• Strong SQL and scripting skills in a Unix environment;
• Good understanding of a range of enterprise technologies, networking and hardware infrastructures;
• Planning, problem solving, analytical and documentation skills;
• Communication and collaboration skills;
• Good English (oral and written).
• Possibility to work in innovative field of technology;
• Work with an excellent team of IT specialists;
• Great possibilities for professional development.