This role is responsible for:
- Responsible for the day to day support of midrange Storage backup and recovery services coupled with Unix systems administration, maintenance and upgrade of UNIX Operating systems. Due to the nature of the environment, there is often a necessity to carry out scheduled work outside of working hours.
- At least 12 months AIX 4.x or 5.x experience.
- At least 12 months IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) experience (V5.1 or above).
- Problem Determination & analysis skills.
- Performance Monitoring & analysis.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- High standard of change and problem management.
- Must have excellent team working skills balanced with ability to work alone and a positive attitude.
- AIX pSeries/SP skills.
- Regatta skills.
- TSM TSM server.
- TSM client.
- Also skills in some or all of the following: F20 and model 800 ESS, 3494, 357x, 358x ATLs, SVC, Fast T 500 and 700, SSA, EMC Clarion, Symmetrix, MY, Win2K, NT operating systems.
- Understanding of storage management (GPFS,ESS,VSS).
- Network interfaces.
- Backup and Recovery strategies.
- Customer focus.
- Use of problem and change management tools.
- Good general IT literacy.
- French or German would be an advantage.
Work in a multi-cultural environment with a leading IT company.
Competitive package (interesting working conditions and benefits).