Apollo Ship Chandlers
Reports to: Assistant Housekeeper, Chief Housekeeper
The major goal of the position is the cleanliness of all Guest’s cabins in his/her respective
section, including passageways as per the Company’s Standards.
1. Responsible for a station of 14 - 19 Guest cabins.
2. Provides personal assistance to Guests and aims to exceed their expectations.
3. Must be always friendly and helpful, to all Guests regardless if they are or are not in your
4. On embarkation day, must escort Guest’s to their cabins, carry their hand baggage and
explain cabin amenities and layout.
5. On the first evening of the cruise, greets his/her Guests on his/her station, and explains the
cabin services she/he will provide including duty hours and other room service availability.
6. Handle all the linen necessary for the daily operation taking care of the necessary exchange
in the Ship’s Laundry.
7. Takes care of Guest’s personal laundry requests, taking it to and from the laundry and
presents laundry bill to the Guests. (Which is charged to Guest Account).
8. Stripping and re-covering of beds as per set schedule and standards.
9. Must re-stock the Mini-Bars and charge used items to Guests.
10. Must replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, stationary, ice and all other amenities
11. Must report and follow up all defective equipment, fixtures and supplies.
12. Must ensure the cleanliness of the cabins.
13. Responsible for safe handling of equipment in the section: vacuum cleaner, stewardess cart,
14. Cleans guest bathrooms twice a day.
15. Ensures personal appearance and personal hygiene and uniform are at all times in accordance
with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
16. Must be knowledgeable and comply with the United States Public Health Rules and
Regulations pertaining to his/her working area at all times.
1. Participates in safety drills, according to instructions.
2. Complies with Company’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating
Education / Training
1. Requires a minimum of 3 years as a chambermaid (Quality Hotels or Cruise Ships).
Standard High School education.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English with Supervisors
and Guests alike. Other languages are considered a plus.
1. Great attitude at all times
3. Team worker
5. Well groomed and neat appearance
7. Ability to perform under pressure (time constraints).
8. Ability to work with an international team.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 7 MONTH