To direct the daily operation of vessel’s Wine Sales Operation including the effective administration, supervision and execution of programs consistent with the company standards and goals of providing excellent service while generating maximum revenue.
• Sommelier certification from a known Hotel School required.
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written. A second language is preferred.
• 2-4 years managerial experience with multi-national staff of 10 sommeliers/wine stewards or more, with a focus on 4/5-star hotels, restaurants or high-volume service facilities.
• PREVIOUS CRUISE SHIP EXPERIENCE
• Extensive knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors.
• Extensive knowledge of new and old world wines including food and wine pairing.
• Ability to oversee wine stocks, ordering, storing and loading.
• Knowledge of beverage handling procedures in regards to public health standards. Attendance of a certified USPH or HACCP course is preferred.
• Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a bar/wine operation.
• Ability to conduct wine & spirit tasting in public for passengers and staff.
• Free accommodation and meal, while aboard
• Paid flight tickets to and from the ships
• Very ambitious, dynamic and international environment with attractive remuneration package and possibilities for an international career