Rakuten Travel (http://travel.rakuten.com/) is an online booking and marketing multilingual site that aims at connecting users with flights, hotels and other merchants in the travel industry both in Japan and worldwide. Today, 2 transactions are made every second on Rakuten Travel.
We are now looking for an experienced Java developer to help us develop and launch new products and work on improving the efficiency of existing ones to support the business in the fast growing travel market. If you are a self-starter looking to work on expanding platforms globally, this role is for you.
- Write well designed, testable and efficient codes geared towards scalable, flexible and high-performance systems;
- Create site layout/user interface to maximize customer satisfaction;
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases;
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements;
- Stay in touch with emerging trends and technologies and apply them into operations and activities.
- Over 5 years of Java applications development experience, preferably a backend service with APIs;
- Experience with the full software development cycle, from design to testing and releasing of the product;
- Experience in integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting;
- Experience in developing documentation and assistance tools as well as coaching and educating junior developers.
- Experience in web service development using XML/JSON – Spring MVC/REST, SOAP;
- Experience with various database technologies, such as Oracle, MongoDB or Redis;
- Experience working with a global team.
- Relocation Allowance, Visa Sponsorship
- Gym, Relaxation Center
- Daily Catered Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Open Space, White Boards, Couches and Wifi Access Everywhere
- Cafe and Restaurants Onsite with a view on Mt. Fuji!
- Stand Up Desks
- Health and Social Insurances
- Commuting Allowance
- Global Projects; Travel Opportunities
- Salary + Bonus + Stock Options