A ship agent coordinates the arrival and launch times with the ship's schedule, synchronizing vendor requests, arrival dates and needs or directions from the pilot or captain. A ship's needs while in port are arranged and coordinated through the ship agent. The agent is responsible for maintaining a formal schedule, disseminating information to involved parties and creating an in/outbound list of personnel and ship occupants. A ship agent coordinates the personnel resources required on vessel for scheduled pick-ups or offloads and is contact for any certified signatures.
A ship agent should know all shipping regulations, ensuring compliance with international shipping regulations, safety practices and policies of the ship's owner. Agents should maintain copies of all documents, including bills of lading, and insurance and inspection certificates.
A ship agent is available during arranged hours for communications involving the ship's owner. The agent is also the point of contact for all stakeholders, crew and port authorities, serving as the ship's main liaison while in port. These communication duties include cultivating various relationships at port with appropriate agencies, as well as fulfilling commercial and public relations needs.
- Maritime Education оr work experience as a ship agent more than 6 months
- Very good or mother Russian, good Estonian and English
- Wish to work in shipping sphere
- Readiness to have flexible working schedule (weekends, nights, holidays)
- Driving license (B) and experience more than 1 year
- Interesting job in reliable and well-known international company
- Competitive salary in according to skills and position
- Additional benefits in according to year results
- Company car
- Young and friendly team