- Responsibility for management and support of the operating system and associated started tasks in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Planning and installation of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
- Planning and installation of upgrades/new software when required.
- Planning and application of system software patches to fix identified problems.
- Management of system & software configurations (via change control).
- Ensuring that all work is actioned in accordance with security standards.
- Use of the current processes/tools to assist with security healthchecking and maintenance of security standards.
- Ensuring that Security APARS/PTFs are managed and applied as soon as possible.
- Providing input to the planning/implementation of Disaster Recovery tests when required.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation.
- Working to establish and build on collaborative working relationships with customer groups and other teams.
- Reviewing and approving change control plans.
- Resolution of problems relating to the operating system and associated software.
- Written and spoken English (German or other additional foreign language is advantage).
- Flexible for new changes.
- Knowledge of concept of z9 system and z/OS (MVS, JES, Storage, Security, Data management).
- Decision making - solving critical situations calmly.
- Taking the responsibility.
- Focused on continuous self-education.
- Focus on value added and pro-active approach.
- Customer and service orientation, Ability to operate well in an international environment, multicultural environment.
- Reliability, responsiveness and flexibility, Teamwork skills, High motivation, Communication Skills.
- 16/7 or 24/7 shift environment (including nights, weekends and holidays).
- Understand deeply the subsystem which the person is to work on.
- Understand the Batch related to the subsystem which the person is to work on.
- Automate the processes on the system.
- Understand the terms we use while speaking about z/OS.
- 3 years of working on z/OS system.
Work in a multi-cultural environment with a leading IT company.
Competitive package (interesting working conditions and benefits).