Our client is looking for Senior Software Engineer ”IT Enviroment expert” consultant (with expertise in programming and BEA WebLogic such as environment setup, configuration and server administration)
• Setup and maintain the full technical and software environments for the development and test phases of the project. This includes server administration and configuration
• Apply expertise to implement top-class design for database and software components that are SOA enabled. The design must align with Client business requirements as well as IT architecture guidelines, including open source.
• Programme new software and database components, update existing software and database components. Create a library of WebServices that support SOA design patterns.
• Perform the necessary integration work to enable all the solution components to work seamlessly together, including writing batch jobs and implementing interfaces between software tools for example using web services.
• Perform configuration management of project artefacts.
• Create documentation including amongst other, technical specifications and short reports evidencing and justifying design decisions, if requested.
• Proactively engage in change and issues management best practices. Create plans for technical testing, create test cases and test data, reusable test harnesses, perform testing (including unit, integration, performance, security, functional, server-down), and analyse and report test results.
• Give appropriate consideration to performance, usability, security and quality aspects of the software.
• Participate in meetings, knowledge sharing, give presentations.
• Review project documentation and artefacts, including peer-review.
• Support the software during transitions between different environments, and support the software when it goes live including diagnosing errors and suggesting resolutions or enhancements.
• At least 5 years of proven experience and solid knowledge in the area of Software Engineering
• Good command of English both written and spoken
• Experience in large scale software development, for example working with source code repository & configuration tools such as Subversion tool.
- For example large scale could be characterised as projects where different staff are developing different modules, possibly working in multiple parallel development branches, hence the need for disciplined code configuration and software integration. Large scale could also infer software that fulfils high concurrent usage, security, modulatiry, integration, availability etc.
• JEE framework expertise including programming
• Expertise in service oriented architecture
• Expertise in BEA WebLogic (such as environment setup, configuration and server administration) (high weighting)
• Integrated Development Enviroment (IDE) tool expertise (such as environment setup, configuration, and administration, such as Eclipse with jBPM plugin.)
• Experience of technical design, documentation and implementation of JEE workflow solutions, ideally jBPM, jPDL/BPMN.
• Experience of working in an international environment
• Experience of Oracle database
• Personal development and realization;
• Rewarding work in the internationally recognized enterprise;
• Motivating work environment.