Are you the Senior Quality Engineer we're looking for?
We are building new platforms, hiring more quickly than ever, and attracting more and more customers with our ethical and responsible approach. That means this is a particularly exciting time to join us.
Your goal in this role will be to ensure solutions are developed from day one with quality in mind. Quality engineers know how things work and are always striving to improve them—and that's what we'll trust you to do. As a QE at MYJAR, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional team including product owners, architects, software engineers and content managers.
This is a job for someone who strives for excellence and is highly driven in developing software with the highest quality. Confident and articulate in expressing your ideas, you should be able to work with teams from different cultural backgrounds and across multiple geographic locations. Top that off with a sense of personal ownership with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines, and there's our next brilliant quality engineer. Is that you? Send us your application and let's find out together!
How we'd like you to help us:
- Creating test plans
- Performing manual functional and non-functional testing
- Executing manual and automated regression tests
- Performing test result analysis
- Reporting bugs and issues
- Documenting testing activities
- Creating testing and quality reports
- Automating recurring manual tests and activities
- Setting up and maintaining test suites and frameworks
- Setting up and maintaining measuring and reporting framework
- Maintaining CI framework
- Collaborating with colleagues on reviews, internal infrastructure, and process improvements
- Participating in work planning
- Presenting possible solutions to problems that arise during work assignments
- Participating as a team member in a cross-functional team
- Sharing knowledge and experience with team members
- Maintaining environments and tools necessary for work
- Performing other duties as assigned which are necessary for company’s success
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Extensive experience with multiple scripting languages such as Java, Python, PHP, Perl, Bash
- Proven track record of test automation
- Good working and applied knowledge of communication and web protocols
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience in testing highly scalable distributed systems
- A working knowledge of agile development
- Experience developing automated test suites to deliver continuous integration and build verification, automated test deployment and fully automated test runs
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to solve technical problems
- BS or MS degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent years of experience
- Fluent spoken and written English and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation and perks
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Your perks will include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.