The purpose is to provide the highest level of technical expertise within the selected engineering areas. The Senior Project Controller gives project and technical support to Borealis´ Polyolefin and Olefin plants as well as to our joint venture in United Arab Emirates. Furthermore, the role holder will lead projects and assist sites and business with project development and execution in order to enhance operability and competitiveness.
The Senior Project Controller is the specialist in project control issues within the Project Management Team for large investment projects in Borealis (>7 ME). Hereby ensuring that our large project are delivered according to plan and budget.
• Sets up project control procedures & routines
• Establishes and maintains work breakdown and cost breakdown structures as a basis for planning, scheduling and cost control
• Prepares and maintains master schedule and prepares detail schedules as and when required
• Establishes & maintains the change order register
• Assists Project Manager in establishment and updates of the Project Execution Plan
• Evaluates schedules and progress reports from engineering & construction contractors and suppliers
• Assists the Project Manager in evaluating contractors change requests and claims and in establishment / update of the project budget
• Executes performance monitoring and forecasting, minimum on a monthly basis
• Evaluates variances in schedule & costs and propose corrective actions
• Prepares the monthly progress report based on input from contractors, suppliers and project management team
• Provides analysis and reports for Project Manager
• Verification of invoices from contractors and vendors
• University level in Engineering and/or Project Management
• Advanced training in project planning, scheduling, cost control and performance monitoring
• User training in Primavera and Microsoft Project
• Fluent in English language (spoken and written)
• A minimum 5 years of experience as a Senior Project Control Engineer in Engineering & Construction projects (Preferably in Petrochemical or Oil Industry)
• Good understanding of international business environment
• Good negotiating and presentation skills
• Good knowledge of international engineering contractors and construction companies
• Skilled in developing & maintaining good professional & personal relations and networks.
One of the most important behavioural competencies is the ability to improve working processes and procedures in order to enhance quality, profitability and effectiveness in all projects.
To manage this, important competencies for the role holder will be:
• Analytical Thinking
• Achievement Orientation
• Conceptual Thinking
• Cultural Awareness
• Commercial Awareness
The position reports to: Manager, Project Management Office Large Investment Projects