- Leads the team through the project lifecycle according to our project delivery processes.
- Creates and owns project master schedule.
- Responsible for maintenance of on-going communication with all internal and external teams.
- Manages the overall delivery process, meeting planned schedule, feature set and resource constraints.
- Default point of contact for Symantec-internal teams and single point of contact for manufacturing.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Solely responsible for one or more projects.
- Anticipates and solves problems related to tactical, day-to-day project issues.
- Ability to uncover, manage and resolve project inter-dependencies.
- Works with peer functional managers (Product Management, Development, and QA) to continuously manage trade-offs between features, resources and time during the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; PMP, CISSP certifications desired
- 4-6 years related experience in commercial software project management.
- Experienced in at least 1 full release cycle of a commercial software product.
- Thorough understanding of project/product life cycle
- Experience with Agile and other lean development processes.
comepetitve compensation package