The Internal Audit Senior will be planning and executing audits of operations in Europe to ensure company assets are safeguarded and risks (financial and operational) are identified and addressed. The candidate will also review Management quarterly reporting information and validate key metrics as needed in ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting. The successful candidate will also play a role in the company’s program to comply with the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and interact with its external auditors.
50% Plan & execute SOX activities e.g.:
• Updating benchmark tools;
• Monitor SOX self- assessment testing and provide local process owner with direction and support as needed in completing the process review and testing requirements;
• Complete SOX independent test work performed on behalf of the External Auditors;
• Report regularly to the European Internal Audit Manager on the status of the review and test work, including deficiency findings, identification of compensating and mitigating controls, and working collaboratively with local management to draft and execute any remediation plans that might be needed.
30% Plan & execute Klundert and European specific audit activities as documented in the yearly internal audit plan.
10% Perform quarterly financial audit activities (e.g. QOR reviews)
10% Providing timely updates to European Internal Audit Manager regarding status of audits and (potential) risks identified.
- Master qualification of economics or finance & accounting
- CPA certification (or Dutch equivalent – RA)
- 4 -7 years of total professional experience, including engagement/project team management experience
- 3+ years of recent audit experience in public accounting, working with public company clients with revenue of $100 million and up
- Analytical abilities and business writing skills
- Confidence to interact productively with senior financial managers and other executives outside the financial reporting function
- Familiarity with risk assessment, internal control documentation, and the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (employer or client)
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to travel, 30%-35% or less
- Desire to grow as a professional
- Fluent in the English language (verbal and written)
- Large company internal audit experience and ability to interact with external auditors
- Familiarity with electronic workflow management tools for internal audit
- Second language (Dutch/Spanish/French/Italian)
- Apparel industry experience
- International experience
- Retail experience
- Experience in ERP implementations / SAP
Enterprise risk management experience
- Hyperion experience