Provides a variety of services and information to guests inquiring at the Front Desk by
performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner, both physically and verbally,
at all times, while interacting with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the
presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Provides all services of the front desk; including, but not limited to: cash services, safety
deposit box service, lost and found service, printing and issuing guest cruise cards, and
broadcasting ships announcements.
3. Answers inquiries pertaining to front desk services and general information. Responds
to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing
concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up
and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction. Maintains Guest
4. Maintains current knowledge of all ship’s regular events and special functions by
reviewing all available data in order to provide
guests with accurate information to answer questions and handle special requests.
5. Provides cash services at the Front Desk such as accepting cash payments, cashingpersonal or travelers checks or exchanging currencies. Follows established
procedures to maintain, balance and reconcile, assigned cash drawer.
6. Assists guests during embarkation process, including establishing onboard credit
accounts, locating staterooms and handling requests to change staterooms.
7. Assists guests with Immigration and Customs procedures and forms.
8. Sells and maintains inventory of certain items at the front desk, such as menus
9. Attends Bingo and Horseracing sessions as required for cash handling purposes.
10. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests, as well as at least one of the additional languages : Norwegian, Italian, German, French, Spanish.
Minimum one year experience in a customer contact position within the hotel field
or related industry.
Ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephones, computers and copy
Minimum one year cash handling experience, and an understanding of US currency
and exchange rates required.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Salary 1620 USD
Accomodation, food and uniform free of charge.
Company pay for flight tickets (except the first time).