- Responsible for vehicle parts design and development. Next to that you will also support production preparation of parts and components with European suppliers. As such you will closely co-operate with Toyota Motor Corporation Engineering in Japan, Toyota’s European Manufacturing Companies and related TMEM divisions.
- Permanently look for opportunities to optimise part value, ensuring that all Toyota technical requirements and targets for quality and workability are met.
- Support problem solving activities for field quality and production parts.
- Seek, gather, evaluate and report new European technologies and perform benchmarking.
You have a degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Material or Metallurgical Engineering.
- You have 2 to 5 years development and project co-ordination experience of complex mechanical parts. Ideally this experience was acquired in the frame of a customer/supplier relation in the Automotive sector.
- You are fluent in English. Any other European language and Japanese are an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint. Experience with design tools like CATIA or FE Analysis is an asset. Your experience has provided you with strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a cost & quality conscious mind.
- As a car enthusiast you have a good knowledge of the general vehicle design.
- You can easily communicate with persons from different levels and cultures (written and verbally).
- You are willing to travel weekly within Europe (average 20% of the time).
A challenging position in an advanced automotive environment, with many international contacts. Continuous improvement and personal development are stimulated. The salary is competitive and added with extra-legal benefits.