- Proceed liaison activity of chassis part and system development between TMC (Head Office Japan) and our European suppliers, based on TMC vehicle development schedule.
- Work on local development and preparation for mass production of chassis parts.
- Support the activities of problem solving for field quality of actual production parts.
- Do research on new technologies and trends of chassis parts in Europe.
- Take charge of some development of parts ,proceed to prototype development and prepare these for mass production to achieve target performance and a good quality production.
- Support and lead other members in their project management.
- Civil or Industrial Engineering degree in (electro-) mechanics or automotive.
- Good knowledge of the general vehicle design and relevant experience (+/- 2 years) in design work of complex mechanical parts preferably of vehicle chassis (Suspension, Steering, Shaft, Parking brake, Tire etc.).
- Computer skills (Windows Office, Access,Project, Lotus Notes). Knowledge of design tools like CATIA or FE analysis is an asset.
- Languages: Fluent in English. Japanese, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian are an asset.
- Ability to take initiative, flexible and a good problem-solver.
A challenging position in an advanced automotive environment, with many international contacts. Continuous improvement and personal development are stimulated. The salary is competitive and added with extra-legal benefits.