Employer: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
The Supervisor Pools & Decks supervises a team of crew members that work on the open decks.
Responsibility and authority:
• Supervision of housekeeping operation on open deck areas (verandas, external swimming pools, whirlpool areas etc) and supervision of crewmembers working on the open decks.
• Training and development of crewmembers.
• Ensure a safe operation on the open decks and maintain cleanliness of housekeeping cleaning equipment and lockers located in the Open Deck areas.
• Report all maintenance issues to Assistant Housekeeping Managers.
• Ensure that all chemical levels in the pools and whirlpools are maintained according to the requirements. Maintain the pool logs.
• Ensure that swimming pools, towel counter, whirlpools and water slide are open and closed in timely manner.
• Supervision and control of the beach towel operation on the open decks.
• Ensure that all chemicals used on the open decks are properly labeled and stored.
• Ensure that deck chairs are properly stored and secured when not in use.
• Ensure that channels are being cleaned on a daily basis
• Ensure that all stainless steel, brass and glass areas are free of salt and rust.
• Advise Assistant Housekeeping Manager immediately of any safety concerns involving guests and crewmembers.
• Be outgoing & project a friendly & fun demeanor at all times. We sell fun & smiling and friendliness is paramount to any shipboard position 7 days a week.
Pleasant personality, fluent in conversational & written English, hospitable with a positive attitude. Preferrable age: from 21 to 37 years old. Applicant should be self-motivated, vocational education preferred but not required. Applicant should have a minimum of 1 years experience in a Hotel/Resort or Cruise Line in a similar capacity. Applicant should be familiar with working in the Housekeeping Industry having an understanding of Standard Operating Procedures of this department. Computer skills are required (MS office) for the job.
Work on cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Food, accommodation, and insurance expenses are covered by the company.
Work experience in International team.
One month onboard training is available for this position.