The Technical Specialist/Developer will be required to support the existing NAFS Oracle Financials Application as it has been fielded to NATO activities, including customisations. The Technical Specialist/Developer will be called upon to design and develop additional interfaces, reports and to support the integration and regression testing of these changes. Additionally, support could involve the design and development of further customisations as approved by the Programme Manager.
Work with cross-functional teams to analyse user requirements, provide recommendations for procedural or system solutions, create product and design specifications and prepare user and technical documentation
- Ability to prepare test data, write and execute unit tests as outlined in the test scripts
- Perform analysis, designs and develops interfaces to Oracle Financials applications
- Generation of ad-hoc reports in Oracle Discoverer based on user definitions
- Configure and/or customise Workflow
- Any other ad-hoc and technical issues that may arise from time to time, as a result of either the continued development or normal life cycle processes associated with the NAFS. This includes issues concerning related third party software or relevant feeder systems that already exist or may come into existence in future.
Minimum of 5 years experience in Oracle Financials Application, demonstrating a 6 to 12 month sustained period of performance on the previous 2 most recent assignments
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials Application 11.0.3. Knowledge of later versions of Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Oracle 8.0.5 and Oracle 8i Databases
- Knowledge of SQL, PLSQL, C++
- Experience with Oracle Financials Workflow, Tools and Developer
- Experience of working with Oracle Discoverer. FSG, ADI
- Detailed understanding of Oracle Financials underlying table structures and the implications of proposed changes
- Experience in working under software development methodology and with software implementation life cycle
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals and experience in the development or maintenance of financial software
- Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative and without constant supervision, to strict and tight deadlines.
- Competent in documenting work done
Very good salary