We are recruiting for a Product Manager position working in the online division of a new value proposition focused on the global market
The key challenge is to lead a small team to achieve the P&L targets and even go beyond them.
There are multiple areas of responsibility that make up this role and the detail in this document covers them. The ‘Skills and experience’ section sets out the kind of background the person we’re looking for for this job should have.
• Responsibility for preparing the budget summaries; including at the final budget review the next year full budget and the detailed supporting rationale
• Not just the investment but as part of the final budget review process this person needs to lead on putting together the performance targets for the coming year
• Once the full budget is approved the Product Manager has overall responsibility for the P&L for their product and that they and their team deliver on the KPIs
• Accountable for managing that costs are kept to the agreed budgets and that the right judgements are made in respect of costs
• Responsibility for highlighting to Head of Gaming/Management any threat to the P&L that requires action
Strategy and Planning
• Lead on the development of the full year strategy plan covering product, marketing and any other workstreams that directly impact the P&L
• Define the key pillars of work for the strategy plan including all specific goals and determining the individual(s) in the team that own them
• Communicate the strategy and the pillars of work across their team and ensure ownership of the goals is shared
• Drive performance Vs the goals’ targets; ensure analysis is completed and results are communicated, understood and acted upon including new work where appropriate
• Lead responsibility for updating the strategy plan through the year and communicating new direction in terms of the work
Commercial and marketplace
• Play a role (from time to time a lead role) developing commercial negotiations in respect of signing contracts on new products with the various providers
• Take the initiative to understand where any upside is in terms of existing commercial agreements and highlight findings to Management
• Be the expert on the industry for their product; all things from the direct competition to the products offered, global and local markets – everything!
• Constantly study the key competitors and their businesses and use that intelligence with the team and for the good of the organisation
• Be ahead of the game in terms of the new developments in their product market especially the software available
• Take an active role in achieving a position in industry circles e.g. go to the important industry events and build relationships with the key players in their specific industry
Responsibility for the following:
• Lead the team including all direct reports and those reporting to their direct reports to achieve the business objectives
• Coach for improvement in all direct reports and ensuring that all team members have a development plan that is managed
• Overall ownership for issue disputes that have not been resolved by direct reports and ensuring smooth management of the team
• Overall responsibility for managing the key internal relationships for their team including but not limited to the Development team, IT and Gaming Support
• Positively manage relationships with other managers (direct peers) in the We online management team
• Responsibility for their team in terms of the senior external partner relationships e.g. software provider
Skills and experience
The person who takes this job needs to be commercial and with a proven track record for getting results. They need to be a high achiever who has shown in their experience some skill leading teams and working in competitive markets.
This person needs to be strong in strategic thinking and it’s critical they have an online background. Some significant experience working for an online company or in online roles is essential.
We are looking for a strong online candidate with team management experience to come into the company and drive a product P&L; the person we’re looking for must have a commercial pedigree.
This role requires the kind of individual who is lifted by the prospect of lots of challenge; an experienced person who has faced stretching targets before and achieved results.
- International working experience and a challenging role
- Opportunity to develop
- A competitive remuneration package and benefits