The Program starts every 6 months, the next team starts at the 1st of February 2012 The program is 24 months long and target people from all over the world without any religious, race and age distinction.
- 12 months in Denmark at one of our three school centers
- 8 months in southern Africa at one of Humana’s projects
- 4 months Camp Future : raising awareness about Africa In Denmark
- You are open-minded
- flexible and motivated to do something good for others. You are interested in helping children and young people with special needs and from various backgrounds. You have an eager to learn and gain experiences in new and unfamiliar work situations.
- you are a hardworking person who preferable holds a driving license and has experience from practical work
- e.g. gardening
- craft- or trade-work. One of our schools also has horses
- which always need a kind care. There are no specific academic requirements
- but your profile is expected to match the requirements of the school. You also need to be able to communicate in English since this is the working language in the program.
The Development Instructor (DI) program is a unique chance to study and work with a group of people from all over the world. You will get the chance to
travel and learn about different cultures and to help those who are less fortunate. In Denmark you will help children and youngsters with special needs and
who have had a difficult start in their lives, and in southern Africa you will be able to contribute to the development of different
sectors:education,poverty,health,care,environment, income generating activities etc.