We are looking for a Network & Security Specialist (based in Tartu or Tallinn) with advanced network engineer skills to provide the expertise in managing, supporting and upgrading of Playtech global network infrastructure and private cloud.
The successful candidate for Network and Security Specialist position is self-motivated, can work both independently and in a team, contributing in network solutions and problem solving/troubleshooting needs for all our network environments.
The position involves close daily cooperation with specialists in other areas (system, security, etc.), as well as various Playtech product development teams around the world. You will have the opportunity to participate and actively influence the design and improvement decisions of the infrastructure platform and technical solutions.
The Infrastructure Business Unit is the central provider of state-of-the-art IT infrastructure platform solutions to Playtech’s B2B customers. Our customers can trust us with running the IT infrastructure of their gaming environments so they can focus on running their primary activities. Together with other operational units we are responsible for 24/7 support and continuous improvement of our platform solutions. In parallel to daily operational work Infrastructure Business Unit runs R&D activities, enhancing the infrastructure platform constantly by using modern technologies and approaches.
• Administering and providing support for all the networking components (firewalls, switches, routers, load-balancers)
• Implementation of sophisticated DDoS mitigation actions and practices
• Maintaining security (firewall) rules
• Troubleshooting of issues beyond the scope of traditional network and security roles and responsibilities
• Participation in infrastructure-related Research and Development projects
• Very strong knowledge of TCP/ IP protocol, experience using packet sniffers like tcpdump and Wireshark
• Experience with routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF); L2, L3 redundancy methods (e.g. STP, HSRP, VRRP)
• Routers and switches (Cisco, Juniper) configuration and troubleshooting experience
• Good understanding of multicast
• Bandwidth and latency analysis skills
• Security-conscious mindset, fast learning ability, good stress tolerance, high motivation
• Good written and verbal English and Estonian skills, good communication skills
• Ability to work in an international and dynamic environment
• Load balancers (F5) and firewalls (Checkpoint) configuration and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge in DDoS mitigation field practices
• Understanding of application protocols (e.g. HTTP etc)
• Script writing (e.g. shell, perl, awk, python etc)
• Personal development and realization
• Rewarding work in the internationally recognized enterprise
• Motivating work environment