Participates in the analysis of information system problems and the development of solutions to those problems.
Responsible for working with users on problem areas to define pertinent specifications for applications. Program design, coding and other programming tasks from general directions.
Specifies the required logical interface between related programs or processes. Defines and corrects operational difficulties encountered in executing programs. Codes, tests, debug, documents and installs modified and new programs.
- Uses coding methods for specific programming language to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware utilization.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to errors and emergency problems.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by manager.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards.
- Coordinates all aspects on implementation and training to support new programs/systems.
- Recommends improved operational procedures to maximize systems efficiency; provides guidance to solving complex operations malfunctions and performs telecommunications troubleshooting.
- Ensures system integrity, assists in installation of technological upgrades.
- Communicates effectively with users of Information Systems services and other departments as required.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands executes assigned projects tasks within established schedule, recognizes processing/programming inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Produce procedural documentation as required.
- Prepare application software procedures and documentation for usage, operation, back up and recover, problem resolution, shutdown and initialization and process automation, while working with other department staff.
- Document new programs or changes to existing programs, testing and training results and prepare test data and analyzes program performance during testing.
- Analyze reasons for failure, and revise assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Web Services, MS SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Understanding of test driven development, code branching, and software design patterns.
- Experience with Web Design, HTML, XML, Java Script, Style Sheets, AJAX, JSON
Plenty of development and learning opportunities;
Excellent team and good working conditions in Tallinn