The Lead designer is responsible for specifying infrastructure solutions and for ensuring that those solutions adhere to the current architecture and infrastructure strategies. This will include client engagement to gather requirements and collaboration with subject matter experts to shape the solution.
These solutions will include technologies such as UNIX, Windows, Storage, IBM Mainframe, Tandem, Middleware, Database, Web Servers, Application Servers, Networks, Security, Systems Management etc. This is not an exhaustive list but is intended to demonstrate the complexity and range of components that make up an E2E Infrastructure Solution.
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring that the E2E infrastructure solutions adhere to standards and policies and meet the business requirements within the project's budget.
- Taking ownership for the full solution life-cycle from Concept to Implementation, ensuring that owned solutions are implemented as designed.
- Undertaking Stakeholder management for owned solutions.
- Taking leading role in E2E solution evaluation and assessing major options
- Proven experience in delivering complex e2E infrastructure solutions and designs
- Broad technical knowledge of infrastructure components
- Experience in gathering and analysing requirements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities
- Track record of technical leadership on complex/large infrastructure projects
- Work experience in an international company
- Challenging and interesting job