The European Space Agency (ESA) is seeking a
Head of the IT Project and Portfolio Management Section (m/f)
to be based at ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
Within the Digitalisation Division of the ESA IT Department, the postholder manages a team of IT project managers and is responsible for the efficient and proper management and delivery of information systems, infrastructure projects or evolution activities assigned.
- planning and implementing agreed ESA Corporate Information System solutions in cooperation with different customer representatives, including analysis, design, development and tests, within agreed cost and schedule;
- reporting of progress and status of activities within the Section to Division Head and relevant Project Boards, managing potential risks and issues.
- supporting and contributing to the elaboration and the maintenance of application roadmaps for corporate information systems;
- ensuring the integrity, security and consistency of the overall IT Corporate Solution Architecture, also in relation to any change, being major or minor enhancements;
- providing expert support to customers at all stages (concept and feasibility analysis, informatics policy implementation, requirements analysis, architectural design, implementation, acceptance, delivery, maintenance and evolution) as well as support to operations in routine and critical phases, as required;
- managing the staff and other human resources of the Section.
Applicants should have a Master's degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or a relevant business area and a solid work background in disciplines related to the tasks under consideration. At least 10 years' experience in applying project management and project control principles and in preparing, negotiating and implementing industrial procurements is essential. Candidates must have functional knowledge of SAP solutions, and experience of leading big-scale IT ERP transformation programmes in international multicultural environments is essential.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an intergovernmental organisation with the mission to shape the development of Europe's space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe. ESA offers challenging career opportunities for highly qualified European administrators, engineers and scientists.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Slovenia.
Closing date: 2 November 2017
For a complete job description and to apply, click here.