Are you the Head of Development we're looking for?
This is an exciting time for our business. We are building new platforms, hiring more quickly than ever, and attracting more and more customers with our ethical and responsible approach.
To support our expansion into new international markets and designing a wider range of products in an effective way, we're adopting a squad-based technology team approach where squads are formed of people from different disciplines or Chapters, as we call them – Back End, Front End, Quality, Process (Scrum Masters). Chapters are led by technical managers or Chapter Leads who have day-to-day engineering tasks but also act as managers for their specific discipline. They take part in setting standards and monitoring behavioral and technical competencies as well as participate in discussions about creating our architecture. Different Chapters are managed by the Head of Delivery who works closely with the Chief Technology Officer, Information Security Manager and other department heads and executive level management to align the whole development function.
How we'd like you to help us:
- Support our business objectives and growth by making sure we provide cost-effective, scalable and robust solutions
- Provide oversight, planning, and technical direction to Chapter Leads and others to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team, producing clean, healthy and structured, and well-documented code
- Demonstrate through doing—use a hands-on approach with the teams as and when it's needed
- Facilitate the decision-making of technology and methodology throughout the team, including standardization of system architecture, reusable code base development, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Take ownership of technology teams’ recruitment strategy to ensure resources are available to meet business demands
- Maintain relationships with third parties when necessary
- Recommend appropriate training, and suggesting other learning and development opportunities
- Recognise and reward achievements, helping create a performance-based culture
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- At least 5 years of experience in a managerial position within a software development function, preferably in an international environment (including at least 3 years as a head of development or software development manager)
- Working knowledge of Agile software development process
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Reliability, correctness, responsibility, self-control
- Very good communication, speaking and listening skills
- Analytical thinking and ability to make decisions
- Excellent leadership skills and a drive to collaborate with other parties
- Proactive attitude and the ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail
Compensation and perks
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.