ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd. - www.royalcaribbean.com
This position supervises Bartenders, Bar Servers and Bar Utilities under direction of the Bar Manager. Ensures company standards are followed as per the Beverage Operations Manual.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Ensures all operating standards and procedures are executed consistently
- Is present in operational areas during key periods – 95% of time is on floor
- Effectively plans own area activities, including schedules, side jobs and Celebrity Life events
- All areas are clean, USPH compliant and visually appealing at all times
- All equipment is properly repaired and maintained
- Adequate products, including food, beverage and supplies, are on hand at all times
- Guest facing communication is professional, on brand and visually appealing
- Upholds STAR, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards
- Effectively resolves guest complaints and makes every effort to ensure that guest leave the bar lounge satisfied Financial:
- Understands the numbers behind the business
- Develops and executes tactical plans to achieve financial targets
- Develops and implements new ideas for revenue and operational efficiencies
- Ensures the effective planning, marketing and selling of all revenue opportunities People Management Leadership:
- Consistently lives by the F&B Operations Guiding Leadership Principles
- Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including SGI, ratings, revenue, expenses, USPH, Workplace Safety and Crew Satisfaction
- Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to Celebrity Cruises
- Knows our brand standards and holds team accountable for executing against them at all times
- Works directly with Bartenders and Bar Servers using hands-on management approach
- Mentors, develops and consistently practices on-the-job training with Bar staff
- Inspires team through encouragement and recognition of outstanding performance
- Leads by example at all times and always maintaining composure.
- Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization
- Resolves conflict with fact-based communication
- Exhibits professional leadership presence and positive energy and passion in all situations Talent:
- Ensures the effective training of all crew, especially direct reports
- Coaches and develops direct reports and high potential members of the Beverage team
- Provides candid performance feedback and takes appropriate corrective action for poor performance
- Accurately identifies talent and follows the company’s promotions process
- Minimum of one year beverage – related experience in a supervisory capacity with an upscale or upscale/casual restaurant, lounge, hotel, resort or cruise ship.(shipboard experience preferred)
- Knowledge of Wine, Spirits, Beer and Cocktails
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, tips, proportions, percentages
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees. ________________________________________ PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company