Provide financial and business analysis support to the Finance Manager and to provide meaningful information to Management, Sales, Product Management and other departments within the organization who rely on the information to make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities include assisting in the annual planning process, monthly and quarterly forecasting, and analysis of North American product management business performance.
• Assist in the preparation of the product management annual budgeting and forecasting process. Including preparing supporting schedules, validating of data into budgeting database, assisting in preparing the financial budgeting model, creating reports and analysis and coordinating with key personnel from various departments.
• Prepare monthly analysis of financial statement variances against budget including trend analysis and account analysis. Determine significant variances from budget and provide explanations.
• Establish benchmarking of key performance indicators (GIM, RMA, R&A, Avg COGS, Other COGS, Gross Profit, On Hand Inventory, etc) against industry standards and competitors to drive improved performance.
• Analyze major financial impactors (price protection, price erosion, MIR, contests, marketing, cost downs, etc.) and recommend action plans to drive highest ROI.
• Create models and scenario analysis for pricing elasticity, ROI projections, product life cycle and retail/ distribution analysis.
• Provide commercial evaluation and financial analysis support on material revenue and profit opportunities.
Experience and Skills
• Job Knowledge: Understand duties and responsibilities, have necessary job knowledge, have necessary technical skills, understand company mission/value, keep job knowledge current, be in command of critical issues.
• Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
• Decision Making/Judgment: Recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, address root cause of issues, make timely decisions, make difficult decisions, use consensus when possible, and communicate decisions to others.
• Initiative: Tackle problems and take independent action, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas, practice self-development.
• Productivity: Manage a fair workload, volunteer for additional work, prioritize tasks, develop good work procedures, manage time well, and handle information flow.
• Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understand underlying issues, simplify and process complex issues, understand the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
• Quality: be attentive to detail and accuracy, be committed to excellence. Present work in a professional format, with figures checked and correct grammar and spelling. Look for improvements continuously, and go the extra mile to present a complete and polished finished product. Monitor quality levels, find root cause of quality problems, own/act on quality problems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Four-year college or university degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required. MBA or Qualified Accountant preferred.
• Three to five years experience in a similar position; experience with global budgeting and reporting operations highly recommended.
• Extremely advanced Excel skills. Assume other MS software skills including Powerpoint for presentation preparation strong.
• Experience with Hyperion or other Business Intelligence, a plus, but a natural strength and flare a must.
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills a must.