Provide financial and business analysis support to the VP Finance and to provide meaningful information to Management, Sales, Product Management and other departments within the organization who rely on the information to make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities include assisting in the annual planning process, monthly and quarterly forecasting, and analysis of EMEA product management business performance.
• Assist in the preparation of the product management annual budgeting and forecasting process. Including preparing supporting schedules, validating of data into budgeting database, assisting in preparing the financial budgeting model, creating reports and analysis and coordinating with key personnel from various departments.
• Prepare monthly analysis of financial statement variances against budget including trend analysis and account analysis. Determine significant variances from budget and provide explanations.
• Establish benchmarking of key performance indicators (GIM, RMA, R&A, Avg COGS, Other COGS, Gross Profit, On Hand Inventory, etc) against industry standards and competitors to drive improved performance.
• Analyze major financial impactors (price protection, price erosion, MIR, contests, marketing, cost downs, etc.) and recommend action plans to drive highest ROI.
• Create models and scenario analysis for pricing elasticity, ROI projections, product life cycle and retail/ distribution analysis.
• Manage assigned task as well as proactively take on ad hoc projects as required in support of business and strategic initiatives.
• Provide commercial evaluation and financial analysis support on material revenue and profit opportunities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Four-year college or university degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required. MBA or Qualified Accountant preferred.
• Three to five years experience in a similar position; experience with global budgeting and reporting operations highly recommended.
• Extremely advanced Excel skills. Assume other MS software skills including Powerpoint for presentation preparation strong.
• Experience with Hyperion or other Business Intelligence, a plus, but a natural strength and flare a must.
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills a must.