About the opportunity
To support Oracle Database (ERP and Non ERP) and other Oracle products like Apps Server / Discoverer and Portals.
- Supporting, monitoring & tuning the database subsystems & instances. Carrying out application performance tuning and testing.
- Create instances and databases with appropriate initialization parameters and database structures (i.e., data files, rollback segments, table spaces, etc.).
- Manage physical database resources.
- Review and monitor system and instance resources to insure continuous database operations (i.e., database storage, memory, CPU, network usage, and I/O contention).
- Perform database software maintenance.
- Move, rebuild, or change database objects as required in production.
- Develop database administration tools/utilities/operation procedures.
- Developing & maintaining naming standards for database objects such as table spaces, tables, indexes & views.
- Implement and review appropriate security guidelines/mechanisms.
- Implement, maintain, and test backup & recovery strategies.
- Developing & implementing database administration policies & procedures including subsystem.
- Develop and test database migration procedures. Participating in database migration reviews.
- Upgrade/migrate databases to current release levels.
- Assisting in product installation & reviewing initial installation options; for Oracle, the Central DBA will assist in product installation and specify initial installation options.
- Develop operational procedures.
- Providing technical assistance to other team members.
Internal – Functional and Technical Support, Solution Architect, Development, Release Management, Infrastructure Team, Security team, European ICT Management.
External – Software Supplier, Service Providers.
Decision Making Authority
- Evaluation on quality of the delivered work
- Business knowledge.
- Concern for accuracy.
- Customer focus.
- Data analysis.
- Develop self and others.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Result focus.
- Improve and grow organization.
- Deliver reliable systems/solutions.
- Engage people.
- Customer focus.
- Financial controls.
- ITIL process.
- SOX environment.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Availability outside office hours and weekend when required (stand by).
- Multi-cultural environment.
- EMEA coverage.
The most important requirements for this position are your enthusiasm and drive for excellence. In addition, the ideal candidates must possess and meet the following requirements:
- Higher Vocational level education.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Basic Finance knowledge on accounting and budgeting.
- Oracle ERP - 11.5.8 or higher.
- SQL + PL/SQL + basic development knowledge.
- Oracle Discoverer.
- Availability to work outside office hours and weekends when required (stand by).
- High level of accuracy and prioritisation skills.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
Professional growth possibilities
Salary offered: 50 000 EUR / year