- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly management activities of the database such as monitoring and incidents tracking,
- Installation of new databases in the production environment, following the documentation of the supplier of the database,
- Back-up and restore of databases
- Design, implement and maintain operational procedures for production databases,
- Manage database configuration
- Interface with the Database architects of the development groups for 3rd level escalation and application trouble shooting and resolution
- On call duty
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic qualifications in the area of Information Technology;
- Sound knowledge (oral and written) of at least two EU official languages, including English;
- Qualifications; MCDBA and/or MCSE
- Work experience - a minimum of 3 years in database administration.
The following skills are required:
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL server
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server 2000 - 2003
- Good knowledge of Active Directory and System Administration
- MS Exchange management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft IIS servers
- Knowledge of other RDBMS, such as Oracle.
- General knowledge of ITIL, in particular configuration, problem and change management
- Knowledge of SAN technology and clustering
- Good organisational skills
- Good level of motivation for interpersonal contacts
- High level of initiative, creativity and cooperation
- Good handling of stress and flexible hours at short notice
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Flexibility in working hours, as well as willing to work during weekends and nights when needed.
Basic salary – 4637,17 EUR (tax deduction in Europol is approx. 8% - 10%).
In addition, when relevant, family allowances can be granted:
- 5% of the basic salary – household allowance;
- 275,59 EUR - per dependant child;
- 599,11 EUR – expatriation allowance
- Additional benefits (annual trip home, education, rent and other allowances, excellent health insurance, etc).