ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd. - www.royalcaribbean.com
Position Title: Utility - General
Maintains kitchen work areas and galley equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition
by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines,
environmental, and safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food service
venues and galleys throughout the ship. The work stations or areas are usually categorized
as follows: roast, fish, sauce, soup, bakery, buffet, pastry, pantry, Windjammer, room service,
special requests, employee galley. Voyager and Radiance class ships include additional venues
such as Chops, Portofino, Seaview, Johnny Rockets™ and the commissary.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow
shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Each culinary shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time
and properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s
Gold Anchor Standards. This includes a clean uniform, nametag, hat, apron and
specified safety shoes.
3. Maintains the cleanliness of work areas and follows proper washing and sanitation
of pots, pans, equipment, dishes, glasses and silverware, etc. Utilizes proper USPH
sanitation procedures at all times.
4. Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes by hand or places in racks or on conveyor
to dishwashing machine.
5. Holds inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
6. Washes pots, pans, and trays.
7. Sweeps and mops galley floors and bulkheads.
8. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
9. Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
10. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
11. Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle crushing machine.
12. Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand
13. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
14. Loads or unloads supplies, food and beverage products in the provision room as
15. May participate in the set up of banquet tables.
16. May wash and peel vegetables.
17. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities
18. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
PROFESIONAL KNOWLEDGE WITH WORK EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
• Minimum one year previous kitchen steward experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star
restaurant, hotel or high volume food service facility.
• Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
• Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written
procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written
and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions
from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
• While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required
to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk
or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to
50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life
saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full
visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in
the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 8 MONTHS
SALARY 596 USD A MONTH