• Coordinate and manage the clinical development of one or more candidate vaccines, including selection of investigators, setting up of the development plan, design of clinical studies, analysis and data reporting and responsibility of the clinical report for registration.
• Coordinate of Clinical Project Team for the vaccine(s) in development.
• Provide scientific and medical support for the project team(s), the marketing teams and GSK LOUs (Local Operating Units).
• Be the Lead Representative of the Clinical R&D Team within the project Team and the GSK Pharma tea, as well as with the health authorities and KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) in the vaccine domain.
• Take part in international scientific meetings in the vaccine domain.
• Carry out, and/or help to write scientific articles, about GSK Biologcals activities in the vaccine domain.
• Maintain an objective and continuous “up and downstream” communication of information relating to clinical activities within the vaccine domain.
• Manage budgets for clinical activities.
• Active control of timing and milestones in agreement with Management.
Candidates applying should have the following profile:
• Medical Degree
• Experience in Immunology, Infectious Diseases or Microbiology
• Experience in Clinical R & D is an added value
• Proven people and task management capability
• A strong team spirit
• Customer-oriented mind
• Strong organisation skills, i.e. take a global view, respect of timings, and work with a sense of urgency
• Precision: detailed oriented, focus on data quality
• Fluent in English
• Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English
• Ready to travel on when required
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.