Based in Kuwait, M. H. Alshaya Co. is one of the leading names in international franchise retailing, trading from more than 700 stores in 10 countries across the Middle East, Cyprus and Turkey. The Company operates an impressive portfolio of over 40 retail brands from Europe and the USA and works to ‘best practice’ retailing standards, placing significant emphasis on investment in technology and human resources.
In Estonia, Alshaya cooperates with the licensed employee recruitment company Baltic Human Capital, which has operated on the Estonian labour market since 2002. Alshaya is offering a unique opportunity for ambitious people with excellent English speaking skills to make a career and work in sunny Kuwait!
At the moment Alshaya is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial and creative retail professional, who would enjoy key role in a very fast-paced organization, with equally ambitious plans for rapid and substantial development.
- planning and maximising the sales and profit contribution of the brand;
- building and developing a professional relationship and best working practices with the host brand;
- developing marketing initiatives and ensuring the brand is appropriately represented and portrayed in the Middle East market.
The Brand Manager's main responsibilities are:
- Host Brand Negotiation - Builds annual business plan to reflect brand positioning. Negotiates key aspects of the planned delivery with the Host Brand. Leads and directs business discussion processes at the appropriate level, within general approval of senior management;
- Sales Planning;
- Margin Management;
- Stock Management;
- Promotional Activity;
- People Development;
- Store Visits;
- Business-Wide Projects - Participates in business improvement projects to ensure Brand requirements are represented in all major business-wide initiatives and systems.
The Brand Manager is directly accountable for achieving margin targets through timely management of OTB (Open To Buy), stock allocation and replenishment, terminal stock management and retail price architecture.
- Previous experience minimum 2-3 years in a senior role within a mix of merchandising, product development, operations or marketing;
- Experience in fashion industry 4-5 years;
- Degree preferable;
- You have knowledge in higher-level retail, franchise arrangements, brands, merchandising tools and practices, marketing techniques;
- You have good management (people and processes, multi-tasked), negotiation, decision making, merchandising, buying and communication skills;
- You are confident, entrepreneurial, creative, attentive to detail, effective delegator, initiator, influencer at all levels and have a business vision;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Desire to develop yourself and get new experiences in a very different and interesting environment - in Kuwait.
- Basic tax free salary up to £45,000 per annum (ca 86,000 EEK per month)
- A motivating bonus system - potential 35% of salary
- Additional amenities: relocation salary (if you are married with children, the salary is ca 95,000 EEK, if married - no children it's ca 70,000 EEK and if single ca 53,000 EEK, which will be paid once and is extra to the basic salary)
- There is also an option to take a container for furniture etc, but if this is taken, these cash allowances (relocation salaries) reduce
- Working visa
- Accommodation provided by Employer and paid by Employee