Steiner Leisure Limited is a global provider of spa services and operations, a manufacturer and distributor of premium skin, body and hair care products and an accredited educator teaching students the skills necessary to be a spa professional, including massage, skincare and spa management. Steiner, who has been synonymous with quality spa at sea for over 50 years, employ over 2000 spa professionals every year on-board over 25 luxury cruise lines including:
Carnival Cruise Lines www.carnival.com
Holland America www.hollandamerica.com
Norwegian Cruises www.ncl.com
Crystal Cruises www.crystalcruises.com
Disney Cruise Lines www.disneycruise.com
Orient Lines www.orientlines.com
Princess Cruises www.princess.com
Royal Caribbean Internation www.royalcaribbean.com
Celebrity Cruises www.celebritycruises.com
Oceania Cruises www.oceaniacruises.com
The Yachts of Seaborn www.seabourn.com
Windstart Cruises www.windstarcruises.com
Costa Cruises www.costacruise.com
Come practice your passion while seeing the world! Steiner Leisure is now hiring acupuncturists to work within their luxury spas on cruise ships. Working within a spa on board is an excellent way to explore the sea routes of the world while honing in on your acupuncture, public speaking, and marketing skills. All while earning income!
Learning how to communicate the principles of Chinese medicine is the key to our success. Only through education and experience can the world begin to grasp the beauty of this powerful medicine. Help us expand the reach of Traditional Chinese medicine by bringing it to the cruising population.
• Cidesco, Itec, Inter clinitique, ROC, or IA College
• We also accept National diplomas, with a minimum of 2 years and include the following subjects: Face cleansing therapy, face electrical treatments, electrical body treatments, manicure, pedicure and full body massage
As a beauty therapist you will be selected by us to specialize as either a skin care specialist, body and detox specialist or a holistic therapist. All of the courses require you to have good sales skills and a high level of communication skills, to enable you to book in guests for tailored services and advise how to care for themselves at home.
Body specialists learn the award winning Parisian treatment called Ionithermie, this body cleansing and firming treatment is designed to tighten and tone the body, as well as providing a range of health benefits through detoxification, and is available to both men and women.
As a skin care specialist, you will learn how to perform the first class La Therapie facials using advanced glycolic skin care products designed to deliver ultimate results visible after just one treatment.
Elemis is an innovative product house. Using advanced scientific technology combined with natural organic ingredients they deliver outstanding results both to the skin and body. Some services available range from Deep Tissue massages, muscle-reliving body wraps and Japanese facials for men and women, excellent to firm and repair sun damaged and sensitive skin.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE WITH WORK EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST
Candidates should speak fluent English, be highly motivated, posses excellent personality and attitude. They should have great knowledge of position terminology, have relevant diploma, and have at least 2 years of intensive work experience in the according sphere.
• Resent CV / Resume with passport size photo
• Recommendations / References
• Diploma / Qualification certificate - in English or with translation to English
• Travel Passport Copy (must be valid for at least 2 year ahead)
• Police Clearance report
* If available also attach copies of: C1/D visa, STCW95 Basic Safety and Crowd Management Certificates, Seaman’s Book.
Essential Components Required
• Provide Facial Massage and Skin Care
• Provide Facial Electrical Treatments
• Apply and Instruct on Makeup
• Provide Lash and Brow Treatments
• Provide and Advise on Nail Care
• Provide Wax Depilation
• Enhance appearance using specialist makeup techniques
• Provide Body Massage
• Provide Body Electrical Treatments
• Provide Body Mechanical Treatments
• Provide Sun Bed and Sauna Treatments
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
The First contract is 9 months, the rest are 6 - 7 month contracts followed by 5-6 week vacation.
Salary of Spa professionals on-board the cruise ship consist of their salary + 15 - 25% from product sales + tips, which comes up to 1500 - 2000 USD a month, could be even up to 4000 USD a month depending on commissions and tips received.