Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced backup administrator to join a team of system and network administrators. The backup systems administrator is responsible for supporting the global server backup infrastructure and must be a dedicated problem solver who can multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
* Administer and support global backup environment.
* Monitor daily backup jobs for failures, and correct any issues accordingly.
* Ensure that all required company data is backed up according to company policies and service level agreements (SLAs).
* Coordinate and maintain rotation of backup tapes to offsite storage vendors for multiple sites.
* Assist with capacity planning pertaining to tape library and disk backup requirements.
* Mentor novice systems administrators or operators.
* Evaluate and / or recommend purchases (these recommendations will have a strong influence on the purchasing process).
* Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills in English
* In-depth knowledge and experience of enterprise-class backup software technology, including installation / configuration, backup concepts, resource monitoring, performance tuning, and patch control / management
* Knowledge and expertise of Commvault Simpana and Symantec Netbackup
* Experience with mixed-architecture (Unix, Windows, Linux) implementations
* Comfortable with basic storage area network concepts such as fabric aliasing and zoning on the switch and presenting tape devices to hosts
* Intermediate knowledge of linear tape-open (LTO) tape backup technologies including library monitoring software
* A minimum of 3 years system administration experience with an emphasis in tape backup and / or storage area network support
* Able to write purchase justifications, train users in complex topics, present to an internal audience, and interact positively with upper management
* Valid driver's license
* Willing to travel up to 60% of the year (passport required)
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* Knowledge and expertise of Oracle / Storagetek and HP EML E-series tape libraries is highly desired
* Experience with network-attached storage (NAS) and / or storage area network (SAN) storage architecture
* Able to write scripts in an administrative language (Python, Perl, or shell)
* Fluent in other languages
At Blizzard Entertainment you will work with some of the industry's most talented, driven, and creative people, and together you will create the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Blizzard Entertainment is focused on hiring and retaining gaming's best and brightest; we foster an environment of creativity and camaraderie, and we offer highly competitive salaries, health care package and benefits.
A relocation package will be provided for any successful candidate. Blizzard Entertainment will assist with all the administrative tasks for you to get settled in a foreign country, such as registering for social security, opening a bank account, finding a flat, and setting up amenities.