Employer: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
Basic Functions: The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess is responsible for ensuring quality housekeeping service and high standards of cleanliness in all areas, as per company guidelines. The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess will be assigned to a Stateroom Steward/ess. The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess has a combined role in staterooms and public areas.
Responsibility and authority:
• Extend appropriate greetings to all guests at every opportunity.
• Apply hospitality standards at all times in guest and crew areas.
• Follow all safety regulations (boat drills, lifejacket issues etc) during the course of duty.
• Adhere to all safety and operational instructions regarding handling chemicals.
• Advise any guest challenges immediately to Housekeeping Management.
• Report and follow up on all maintenance issues with the Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
• Make sure all staterooms are serviced twice a day to the cleaning and set-up standard required.
• Respond to all guest requests in a timely manner.
• Ensure balconies and furniture are kept clean (where applicable).
• Ensure hallway/corridor and steward lockers are maintained clean and tidy at all times.
• Ensure carpets in cabins and hallways/corridors are maintained clean by daily spotting and reporting.
• Ensure that all equipment is properly cared for, cleaned and stored correctly.
• Ensure that food service items are removed from the staterooms promptly and returned to the appropriate area. Under no circumstances should they be stored on the carpet.
• Ensure timely delivery of collected liquor, tour tickets and other stateroom deliveries with the Stateroom Steward/ess.
• Be able to provide fun & memorable vacations to our guests consistently each week.
• Assist with luggage delivery and related duties as instructed.
• Coverage of Stateroom services as required as part of ongoing training.
• Be outgoing & project a friendly & fun demeanor at all times. We sell fun & smiling and friendliness is paramount to any shipboard position 7 days a week.
- At least 21 years of age
- Good English
- Hospitable personality
- Relevant experience
Work on cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Food, accommodation, and insurance expenses are covered by the company.
Work experience in International team.