The Management Trainee (I stripe) will cross-train on different areas within the Housekeeping Department.
Responsibility and authority:
- Ensure all housekeeping staff complies with the company standards regarding dress and appearance.
- Cross-train in different areas within Housekeeping, i.e. open decks, crew areas, public areas, staterooms and administration.
- Compliance with housekeeping procedures as set out in the copmany Safety Management Systems (SMS) Manual.
- Compliance with USPH regulations, as set out in VSP manual.
- Train new team members on assigned tasks, proper handling and use of chemicals, safety and Garbage Management Programs implemented by the company.
- Responsible for writing daily work order and follow-up.
- Ensure the follow-up of all jobs assigned to team members, including job quality and productivity.
- Ensure that all team members have all necessary cleaning equipment.
- Be able to motivate & train Team Members so able to deliver fun & memorable vacations to our guests on a consistent basis.
- Perform other duties as may be necessary and directed by the Senior Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
Pleasant personality, fluent in conversational & written English, hospitable with a positive attitude. Preferrable age: 21-37 years old. Applicant should be self-motivated with Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management / Hospitality or other similar vocational education preferred but not required. Applicant should have a minimum of 1 years experience in a Hotel or Cruise Line in similar capacity. Applicant should be familiar with working in the Housekeeping Industry having an understanding of Standard Operating Procedures of this department. Computer skills are required (MS office) for the job.
Employer: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
Work on cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Food, accommodation, and insurance expenses are covered by the company.
Work experience in International team.
One month onboard training is available for this position.